Nice Nature Creature!

Afternoon Blog readers,

today I did the fun art @ am challenge! I took a photo of a daisy in my front garden and turned it into a little smiley happy creature! My creatures name is smiley and I think you can probably guess why! Smiley like sitting in the sun and talking to her other plant friends! I created smiley but 1 taking a photo of a plant outside, 2 creating the stem and face by using shapes on the insert button and 3 putting  them all in the right places to make a cute little creature! My flower sort of reminds me of a flower girl at a wedding because smiley is a flower and she’s a girl! Next time I think I would make something like roots for her legs so she can walk around and put a leaf on the other side as her hands. My favourite part was deciding what creature I was going to make and I found it hard to get the right shapes. If you were going to make a creature out of the nature at your house what creature would you make? That is all for todays blog post I will blog to you later!

Ka Kite!

2 thoughts on “Nice Nature Creature!

1. Kia ora Annabel,
    I would have to agree that a Daisy does lend itself to a happy creature and a smiley face. The shapes you have chosen for the stem and the leaf work well too. It always surprises me how many different objects can be created with the shapes in Google Draw and Slides. I am sharing a link to a slide deck you can make a copy of and work through which has lots of tips for using shapes to create objects.
    Working with Shapes, Text and Images

I would also encourage you to pursue your idea of adding roots for legs. I could see you then animating your flower moving. I can faintly see the transparent background pattern behind your image too. If you click file – download – png your image will also have a transparent background which is helpful if you animate or want to add your own background.

Well done including information about your creative thoughts and decision making in your blog post, Annabel. Very helpful for your readers.

Ngā mihi,
    Mrs Grant

2. Hey Mrs Grant,

I will definitely have a closer look at this slide show with the tips for using shapes and how to create objects. I will add the roots for legs and the other leaf arm for more detail. I do feel that I did quite a simple design and I could add a lot of extra features to it.

Oh yes I love the idea of the background too! I would probably do a light blue background colour so it looks like a sky behind the flower. Your right it would also animate my image. Thanks for your comment I really appreciate it!

Ka Kite!

Nga Mihi Annabel!