Groovy Pizza

Today in Toroa class we explored a new website for the summer learning journey. The website was called groovy pizza and on groovy pizza you created your own beats and different types of music. Part of the task was we also created our own album cover for our song. My favourite part was listening to my friends amazing music that they made and listening and then changing my own. Next time I think I would spend more time having a look on the website so the outcome of my song was better. Overall I really enjoyed creating my own music and learning about different artists when they created theirs. Have you ever created your own music?

Blog to you later!

4 thoughts on “Groovy Pizza

1. Ata mārie Annabel,

My name is Anna and I am part of the Summer Learning Journey commenting team.

I see you have completed both the Kick Start Groovy Pizza activity and the Step It Up Challenge which is awesome to see. Remember to make individual posts for each activity you complete. The most active bloggers can earn lots of awesome prizes so the more you get involved with the Summer Learning Journey the closer you are to winning a cool prize and bonus, the activities are fun.

I love the name DJ Mischief, how did you come up with that name? I listened to your song and loved the use of the drums throughout and how you used the different sounds of the drum to create high and low sounds. Did using Groovy Pizza make you want to make more cool music? It certainly makes me want to.

Keep up all the hard work Annabel. A fun new Summer Learning Journey activity has just been posted. It’s called ‘Where’s Wally’. Who doesn’t love Wally. Give it a go. Check out this link https://summerlearningjourney.edublogs.org/2023/12/15/wheres-wally-this-summer-kick-start/

Ka pai to mahi,
    Anna

2. Kia ora Anna,
    Thank you for your comment! I came up with the name DJ mischief because I like the word mischief because it means you like causing a bit trouble and I liked that sort of name for a DJ. I’m not sure what you mean when you said to do two separate posts. Groovy pizza definitely made me want to make music and play around on it for a bit longer. Thanks for telling me about where wally I will definitly go and give that task a go! Thanks for your comment!
    From Annabel!

1. Kia ora Annabel,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my comment. Sorry my response is a bit delayed. I have only just stumbled across your reply.

Mischief is a fun word. Cheeky might be a good way to describe it. I can picture DJ Mischief getting into mischief like playing silly songs every now and then.

What I mean by separate posts is completing the Kick Start activity which in this case was making the music then making and posting a blog post for that. Then next completing the Step It Up activity which in this case was creating an album cover then posting that in a separate blog post. Does that make sense? It just ensures you get marked and get points for both activities.

Anna
      SLJ

3. Hi Anna,
    Sorry I only just noticed your comment! I can totally see DJ mischief getting up to mischief with her music! That makes a lot of sense now that you’ve explained it. I needed to post my album cover on the step it up task and my song on the kick start, Is that right? So then I get points for both activities! Thank you for replying to me so I could know what to do for next time! Thanks again!

Ka Kite
    Nga Mihi Annabel